Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 17:29, David Adam Bordoley wrote:

> > <quote who="Christian Meyer">
> >
> > > Don't get me wrong. I'm quite happy about the current progress. I'm just a
> > > little bit unhappy about what I saw when ogalaxy showed me - some might it
> > > call - minor UI issues.
> >
> > Teeny, tiny bugs, dude. In the grand scheme of things, they mean essentially
> > squat. Sorry, but they're just not significant enough to even call them "UI
> > issues" >
> > - Jeff
> >

> Jeff these are major ui issues. These type of inconsistencies need to be fixed
> if we are to ever come near to the slickness of the macintosh.
>
> dave

How can you match the "Slickness of the Macintosh" in a
multiple-GUI-library operating system? Sure, we can make GNOME have
exactly the same pixel precision everywhere. But unless you _only_ use
GNOME apps for _everything_, then Qt/fltk/X programs will bring in
inconsistencies anyway.

We're not a Macintosh.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>