Re: new run dialog

Hi Jeff,

> > New features?
>
> Hee hee... This is cool. Good stuff! :-)

Thanks a lot. :)

> Hrm, I kinda liked that funny geary diamond. Oh well. ;-)

Yeah me too. Not sure how to make an icon themeable though, so I opted
for the stock icon for now.

> May I make a potentially controversial suggestion? Could we get rid of that
> silly hidable list of menu entries? I never really got the point of that,
> other than as a data source for 'known command' (hrm, what happened to PATH
> and globbing?) completion.

All the stuff in the program list is needed to look up icons for
commands. So if you have to load that info anyway, you might as well put
it into a list. The list is now also more useful, since you can select
an application and drag the icon to make a new launcher.

But, you can disable the list (and the icon lookup too) by setting this
gconf key to false:

/apps/panel/general/enable_program_list

Cheers,

- Frank