Re: galeon and epiphany common config ( was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

> that would be great! Could they use the same gconf keys? ( some will be
> common, some will be epiphany-only and some galeon-only )
>
> I know epiphany has a different bookmark concept ( didn't try it yet ),
> would it still be possible to share bookmarks with galeon? Other common
> stuff: passwords for sites.

I think that would be great if you could store such things in a neutral
place (gconf for example) and tell any app to use them. For example,
Mozilla, Phoenix, Konqueror, Epiphany, Galeon1/2 all should be bale to
find your preferences from the same source. The some goes for email
programs. If you configure Evolution, Balsa, Mozilla Mail and KMail
should be able to re-use the config (POP/IMAP servers, delete messages
on server?, passwords, display by threads?, the emails themselfs, the
filters etc...).

Would'nt that be possible using gconf ?