Re: [gst-devel] Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

lör 2003-04-12 klockan 15.02 skrev Rodrigo Moya:
> On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 15:00, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> >
> > I am lurking here as well, but I gave up on all the gstreamer backend
> > apps months ago, like gst-player and rhythmbox.  They just didn't work
> > well were too much of a PITA to setup and get working (if at all)
> > properly.
> >
> I had the same problems with rhythmbox (ie, it didn't work, crashing a
> lot on me), but I must say that this has stopped since the last few
> weeks releases, and now, net-rhythmbox works pretty well on my machine.
>
> gst-player, on the other hand, has never worked for me.

What a great idea, let's have everyone on the list tell everyone which
apps that works for them? :)

More seriously, lets keep this discussion on a higher level.

Which toolkit are we buying into?

Will that toolkit deliver what we need for GNOME 2.4?

Is it OK to hold media player of for one release if it doesn't?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/