Re: New 2.4 modules - fontilus and themus

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 08:25, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Murray Cumming Comneon com">
>
> > > From: Jonathan Blandford [mailto:jrb redhat com]
> > >
> > > It makes a lot of sense for these two modules to be folded back into the
> > > control-center,
> >
> > Do you mean there would be Fonts and Themes menu items next to the other
> > control center menu items that would just open nautilus windows for
> > fonts:// and themes:// ?
>
> Probably buttons in the existing prefs dialogues.
>
> > Does this mean that your new Themes control panel would disappear. I'd
> > like to hear how themus is better than, or adds something to, the current
> > control panel.
>
> No, themus is just for properties and management. Makes it easier to
> drag-n-drop themes in and out. The interface for modifying and choosing
> themes is still required.

If you're running 0.1.4, you can right click on a theme and apply it :-)

But you're right, themus does _not_ replace anything in the
control-center.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp