GDM2 branched! (was "Re: gdm2 string freeze breakage", or "George is an idiot")

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:01:36PM +0100, Niall Power - Sun Microsystems Ireland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apologies for the inconvenience caused. I was not aware that
> the HEAD branch was also the stable branch for this module??
> I submitted my patch for review with the gdm maintainer, George
> (<jirka 5z com> and got his approval for the patch before committing.
> Regardless, I will be more careful in future. Sorry again.

WHOOPS!  I forgot to branch!!!  MY MISTAKE!!!

HEAD is the unstable if unstable development is going on.  At this point
there should have been a branch and I was convinced that there was a branch,
but I must have been smoking crack, since there's only the gnome-2-0 branch.

Sorry again

> George,
> just so I don't create problems like this in the future; do we need to
> tag the gdm2 main branch and have an unstable branch so new stuff can be
> added without breaking code/string freezes?

I just made a gnome-2-2 branch for stable version.  So feel free to commit
new changes on HEAD.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education,