RE: New 2.4 modules - fontilus and themus

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:20, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 11:13, Shahms King wrote:
>
> > Related to the rant above, one of the few things Windows does which is
> > reasonable (again, IMHO) is have user-visible strings like "My Computer"
> > or "Control Panel" in the location bar (and title-bar) for the various
> > special folders.  Obviously such support shouldn't be in gnome-vfs, but
> > something similar would be nice for Nautilus.
>
> Why not in gnome-vfs?  It seems like the perfect place for it - the
> Themus plugin could, for example, return "Theme Manager" for its
> identification string or something.  A method to get human-names for a
> URI would be great.  Could be used elsewhere, too, like the new file
> selector we don't have.  ~,^

I think it's already possible (look at the side pane for
"applications:///"); not sure how though.

(Or the vfolder and nautilus code do some hacky communication outside of
gnome-vfs, which is unlikely since it seems tooooo hacky.)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp