Re: Little report about new panel properties
- From: Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>
- To: Gaute Lindkvist <lindkvis stud ntnu no>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Little report about new panel properties
- Date: 08 Apr 2003 14:53:30 +0200
On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 16:12, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:
> > And now a little feature request
> > 1) what about not full expand? Something like "Expand 60% of available
> > space", I mean.
> I just want to state my opinion on this one. KDE has something a bit
> similiar and it just feels extremely unprofessional
> (they have a slider from 0 to 100).
I wrote "like" :-)
> I cannot even imagine why someone would like their panel to be smaller
> than what is needed (do you want to make it scrollable?).
But actually you can only
* expand panel: panel fit all available vert./horiz. spacing
* don't expand panel: used space come from nested applets
I like to have a third "layout in the middle", minimizing options. So
100%=expand and others %
> The only right way I can imagine doing this, is being able to take the
> edge of the panel and drag it the size you want with the mouse. If this
Interesting. But there is a trouble: actually you move the entire panel
dragging it's corners. Something like Right click -> resize?
] [Thread Prev