Re: For the 70% that hates the GNOME-direction (was Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!)

W liƛcie z pon, 07-04-2003, godz. 16:51, Gaute Lindkvist pisze:
> If Ali hates this direction I think he should just stick with KDE. Does
> all projects have to go in the same direction? If so, what is the point of
> having different projects to begin with?

Playusers should be pretty happy. They have a choice.

> What Ali does not understand is that unless you present your objections in
> a reasonable and sane matter without insulting the developers, they ARE
> going to ignore you, and more ranting will not help you recapture their
> attention.
>
> HERE THERE BE A POINT (or dragons):
> If 70% of all users hate the new direction of GNOME, there have to at
> least be some capable developers amongst them. My suggestion is:
>
> FORK GNOME and be done with it. If the figures of 70% is correct, it
> should have no problems overtaking the official GNOME-tree.
>
> This is basically a challenge to Ali (or oGALAXYo if you like). Come on,
> fork GNOME and leave us alone, you know you want to. The license for GNOME
> makes all this possible. Go on, nobody is stopping you.

Or don't bother with forking GNOME. Subscribe to KDE mailing list and
make KDE even bigger mountain of toys to play. I will stay with GNOME
approach.

--
     |      Rafal Hajdacki      |
-----|  hajdi (at) pf (dot) pl  |-----