Re: keyboard layout

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 08:38, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Are there other cases that need covering?
> In addition to setting up a default, there's the thing the applet
> does, which is to let you go back and forth easily.  There's even been
> some interest in remembering this setting per-toplevel-window instead
> of globally.

Actually, Windows remembers it per-application; and I would refrain from
implementing it the way they do. It really confuses people. Session
level is the good way to go, I think.

> I don't really know though, in any detail. I just have a vague
> impression that there's a fairly large area of Issues here, and it'd
> be nice to go after it with a single coherent UI design and some solid
> code.

So true.
--
Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)    - Software developer, generic solvent
http://enver.casdb.com          - mailto: ealtin at casdb dot com

Speak softly and carry a +6 two-handed sword.