Re: keyboard layout

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> Should the control panel for this also include the ability to set default
> login language (would control the same setting as gdm)?

There was some discussion of these things on d-d-l a couple of months back.
I believe there's a new package being built (probably sf.net) that includes
a control panel, a simpler switcher, but no GDM integration (I don't believe
it supports user language settings, beyond choose-when-you-log-in, right?).

If my memory serves correctly, the lack of a top level keyboard preference
panel and dynamically switchable languages were the main problems. The
applet was praised as useful, but definitely more a utility than a primary
interface.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

          Perl: Making thick Windows admins redundant since 1987.