Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Julio Biason wrote:

> Well, someone may just print the selected files, not the list. So, the
> filemanager need to talk with the applications that handle every file
> and as it to print it.

So, why don't we have a printer icon on the desktop? After all we have a
trashcan and a floppy icon too. In these days where CUPS is ubiquitous,
that shouldn't pose much of a problem. That way you could drag a arbitrary
file to the printer icon and let it be printed by whatever app is
registered to handle that file type. No need to clutter the Nautilus
toolbar with this.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778