Re: panel launcher click feedback

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 21:26, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie> writes:
> > 	* I'm nervous about the server grab - I know its neccessary
> > 	  for IncludeInferiors but given that the server grab for the
> > 	  logout iris is causing a lockup with accessibility ...
>
> Based on metacity experiment I'd suggest switching to a shaped window
> instead if possible (which is what metacity does for iconify animation
> now).

hmm; i had originally used the metacity code, and found it to not have
the right feel.  i tested it and the wmaker code with a bunch of
different tunings, and just never felt comfortable with the metacity
code.

[ not to mention that on osx the shaped window way is the most horrible
thing i've witnessed in gnome in a while ]

 - jacob