RE: GEP-2 (metathemer)

Hi Seth,

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 21:51, snickell stanford edu wrote:
> I don't think themes SHOULD be able to make an arbitrary set of changes.
> I'll not go into the arguments again, but I think its asking for bad
> usability (even if we aren't the ones that directly incur it but theme
> authors).

	Great - a requirements debate ! :-)

	I don't quite see why it's asking for bad usability to allow themes to
change arbitrary settings; why is that ? perhaps have some method for
only allowing settings that are publicly / tweakable by control-center
to be changed - good taste would rather dictate that anyway.

	Presumably we shouldn't have settings such as 'boolean
make_ui_unusable' anyway though ? :-)

	Could you expand on your objection, so Bill can write a comment up ?

	Regards,

		Michael.