GtkIMmodule switcher???

Hi:

Is there a GTK IM Module switches like the gkb applet? I have written a
 simple IM module for GTK but I would like to switch beteen it and the
default English module without having to right click everytime to
switch. I would like to attach a keyboard "hot key" to toggle between
them. Is there one out there?

If I was to write one, how can one application "signal" to another
application to switch to a different IM module?

Thanks.

-Dinesh