Re: Keyboard shortcuts for launching applications

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 20:24, John J. Boyer wrote:

> Would it be possible to introduce some uniformity in the use of keyboard
> shortcuts by different applications, so that a user could be sure that the
> keystroke that caused a search in one application would also initiate a
> search in another?

Many recommended shortcuts for this sort of thing are listed in the
GNOME Human Interface guidelines, and the core GNOME 2.0 apps are pretty
consistent in this regard now.  I suspect we'll have a few
inconsistencies to iron out when new apps are introduced in 2.2 though
:)

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/userinput.html#standard-shortcuts

Cheeri,
Calum.