Re: Confusing desktop preferences preference dialogs.

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 22:48, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 17:36, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Not to play the smartass here, but 'when?' I'm worried that we're
> > creeping up on the beginnings of freezes for 2.2 and we still have this
> > particular theme confusion, as well as no icon-theme capplet that I've
> > seen [which is a necessity for the new icon-theming stuff.]

There is also another issue with icon themes which I came across when I
looked at bluecurve (which updates .desktop files icon reference)

The average? user would think that when they change icon theme (whether
in gconf or the "capplet") this should be reflected in the menus.

however because each .desktop file references a icon file this does not
happen