Re: [Usability]Re: All animations should be disableable
- From: Ray Strode <halfline hawaii rr com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: MArk Finlay <sisob eircom net>, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: All animations should be disableable
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:58:40 -1000
Note, a bunch of specific preferences would be a poor solution to slow
display problems. Either a global "we have a slow display" flag, or
some way to autodetect, would be better. Ideally the flag is
Often people with slow displays or underpowered hardware choose
fast/light themes (for instance non-pixmap based Gtk+ themes).
So maybe it would be a good idea to tie animation to the current metacity
Animations seem to serve two purposes: usability (feedback) and asthetics.
Both of these purposes also seem to be the main two reasons of themability.
] [Thread Prev