Unicode, Gnome, Tengwar

Maybe this has been answered somewhere, but I am interested in the
following information:
http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/tengwar.html

I would like to write some simple applications that use such an encoding
(or the UCS one, if it is ever allowed in).  However, the script in two
out of three modes requires thigns similar to the arabic language (shape
changing because characters compound and such).  I am sure I am using
the wrong wording here.

It is my understanding that all GTK widgets now use Pango.  Do I need to
write a Pango module to handle the composition of characters and such?

Anyway, please help me learn and be able to do.

Thank you,
Trever