Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2

<quote who="Bastien Nocera">

> Since when do we have reference platforms ? I missed something and GNOME
> went all corporate behind my back ? It might be a priority for Sun and
> Ximian (obviously) but I seem to remember GNOME targetting "free" (libre)
> Unix-like systems, and the actual support depending on the volunteers'
> work.

We've always pimped ourselves out as the Free Software desktop for UNIX and
UNIX-like platforms, though, so seeing Solaris support as a benchmark for
our success is probably a good idea. Joe's funny name for it is just an
efficient way of expressing this concern. :-)

> If nobody with access to a Sun Solaris box does the job, it won't get to
> work better by itself.

Very true... Batter up, Solaris users, it's MULTIMEDIA FRAMEWORK OF THE
FUTURE time! Heeyaah!

Ahem,

- Jeff

--
    You know a French woman is faking it when she screams, "I would like
                     the table near the window please!"