Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 00:14, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>   * gstreamer/gst-plugins: Multimedia framework libraries.
>
>     (Supports improved gnome-media and nautilus-media modules, both of which
>     replace existing functionality and are based on GStreamer features that
>     are tested and work well.)

Do gstreamer and its plugins work on other platforms like FreeBSD and
Solaris?  (The latter of which I think is one of our reference
platforms, correct?)

Are there out-of-the-box configuration issues with it?  Actually, the
same goes for all the other modules... although I don't really think
there are any except maybe acme, but only because I've never used it.

Joe