Re: Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 22:46, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:37:31PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:36:36PM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > >
> > > If metacity sets the cursor to a busy cursors does this effectively
> > > prevent the user from interacting with other parts of the desktop while
> > > an app is loading? or will it only be a busy cursor when the loading app
> > > is selected from the window list?
> > >

> > It can work various ways, I haven't really thought it through.
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> It should only be "busy" when the busy application has the focus. On a
> multitasking system, it would be inconsistent to indicate that the whole
> system is busy when it's only one application that is unresponsive
> because it is loading.

Huh, the start notification is *before* the app is started and the main
window shown. You will have a hard time getting it focused if it's not
shown ;)

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery