Re: Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 03:12, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="MArk Finlay">
>
> > >   - startup-notification: A minimal library that supports the new startup
> > >     notification spec from freedesktop.org.
> >
> > does that mean we can get rid of that damned animation from the panels?
>
> startup-notification is not related to the panel animations. If you want to
> turn off those, go to Applications > Desktop Preferences > Advanced > Panel
> and click off the Animation check box.

I think he meant if the panel 'zoom-effec-when-i-click-on-a-launcher'
feature will be replaced by the startup-notification and some hack to
either metacity or the panel.

I think this is already implemented in metacity, heh ? Will something
replace this behaviour in 2.2 ? There's not a lot of chance since we're
already in the feature freeze since a while :/

Surely in 2.4, though :)

Bye,

--Stef