Re: lock down features

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:34:19PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Yes, this is wildly important, and very cool, but the chances of a) getting
> 2.2 off the tracks, b) getting soft about feature freezes, and c) creating a
> fast-but-dodgy design that we'll regret a few months down the track, are too
> great.

a)/b) yeah, maybe concerns. I just don't think it's a large patch, is
why I propose it. It's going to be trivial code.

c) I have no doubt that we'll do that, but it's a contained hack, we
can live with it. There's no design or overall system here; there are
gconf keys that disable panel features, that's it. The design is what
I already described. ;-)

Havoc