Re: lock down features

> /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_applets
> /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_panels
> /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_panels
> /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_applets
>
> (or alternatively a can_add_remove and can_move flag per-applet to lock
> the particular applet)

We should be *very* cautious about adding new stuff such as this after the
feature freeze, and without a game-plan document (or at least discussion).
Even more cautious looking at the schedule, and what we have to achieve
already by January. I'm pretty sure that Luis will object / have a fit /
break down in tears.

> I'd consider this as important as menu editing, etc. that we snuck into
> 2.0.x, and also a lot simpler/easier/safer to implement. What do people
> think? I'll write the code.
>
> Maybe people want to follow up with a list of things we should be able
> to lock down.

We really ought to have that list and a plan for GConf schemas before
putting it in at all, let alone into a feature-frozen development series.

Yes, this is wildly important, and very cool, but the chances of a) getting
2.2 off the tracks, b) getting soft about feature freezes, and c) creating a
fast-but-dodgy design that we'll regret a few months down the track, are too
great.

[ Just my opinion above; it'll be up to the maintainers and release team if
it's really pushed. ]

- Jeff