Re: Discussion: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 10:53, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> So,
>
> My comments to get the discussion going - note that these are entirely my
> own opinion, and not necessarily representative of what the release team
> thinks. :-)
>
> >   - acme: Daemon and configuration utility for 'special' keys on modern
> >     multimedia keyboards and notebooks.
>
> acme rocks, I use it on my iBook and desktop machine. But, shouldn't these
> features be in metacity? Hard to say, given that acme includes weird
> hardware support, etc. Two keybindings configurators seems a bit redundant,
> and I'm not sure we should be adding modules that we intend to integrate
> later on.
>
> Bastien, what are your plans/wishes for acme?

<snip>

I can see reasons to integrate the acme config tool in the keybindings
capplet. But that would mean adding the stuff directly in the
control-centre's keybindings applet. If I can massacre this tool at
will, I see no problem merging it in.

Moving the key handling to Metacity would be plain evil (and stupid
too). I really don't see metacity poking my volume, or the brightness of
my laptop ;)

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault