Re: Gnome 2 Anti Aliased Font Question

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 21:35, Ross Burton wrote:

> Basically, if exporting GDK_USE_XFT=1 _before starting X_ does not work,
> something weird is happening. Of course not all fonts can be
> anti-aliased, but the core MS fonts can so check Verdana with 'xmag'.

I'm still trying to work this one out, I have added 'rgba=rgb' to the
top of my XftConfig file (I have an LCD screen) and commented out the
parts that turn anti aliasing off for small fonts (I'm using Redhat 7.3
and the Ximian Gnome 2 snapshot releases). This doesn't seem to help me.

I was exporting GDK_USE_XFT=1 in rc.local file, but i guess this is not
being run before X starts on my system. Could anyone suggest the right
place to put this command in?

Also, can both Type1 and Truetype fonts be anti aliased? I'm not very
familar with the way fonts work under Linux, so sorry for any silly
questions...

Thanks to all for your help,

Chris.

--