Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

iain wrote:

> Really? I disagree.
> I think if there's a label that says "Known applications" and no
> applications listed that the user will think there's no known
> applications and not try clicking the widget.

Which points to a flaw in the design of expander arrows generally,
IMHO... they don't really look clickable enough. I mean, if we went back
to the Run Program dialog design that had the pushbutton labelled "Known
Applications", you wouldn't think "oh, there aren't any", you'd think
"ah, I have to click this to open a list of Known Applications".  To
some extent, when you introduce a completely new control, people just
have to learn how to use it... things like radio buttons and combo boxes
probably weren't desperately obvious the first time you ran across them
either.