Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 15:58, Calum Benson wrote:
> Frank Worsley wrote:
>
> > Anyway, patch + new widget are attached. Two new screenshots are here:
> > http://members.shaw.ca/fworsley/screenshots
>
> I'm not familiar with Iain's disclosure widget so I'm just going from
> the screenshots-- but can you focus/activate it with the keyboard?

Of course.
It's just a special cased checkbox, so gets all that from the checkbox
code.

>  And
> is the arrow size themable?  If not, I'm afraid it'll probably have to
> go for accessibility reasons... or be fixed, of course* :)

Of course. ;)
It's the same thing that the treeview code uses to draw the expander.
Even has the animation and prelighting.

>   If it's
> already keynavigable, can we have a mnemonic on the label please?

Hmm, I'm not sure if thats a problem with the widget or the use. It uses
the "label" attribute of the gtkcheckbox widget, and I dunno if that
takes mnemonics. If not then I guess I can change it so it'll work with
them.

> Also, I'd suggest just having the label on the disclosure triangle read
> "Known Applications" whether the bottom part is closed or open, it saves
> things jumping around so much.

Really? I disagree.
I think if there's a label that says "Known applications" and no
applications listed that the user will think there's no known
applications and not try clicking the widget. "Show/hide known
applications" indicates its use much more clearly. IM(Not a Usability
person's)O.

iain
--
"Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing
himself"