Re: What are viewports? [Re: Viewports and gnome 2 -simple question]

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 06:38, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Please stop posting accusations and abuse [1], and start lodging bug reports
> at bugzilla.gnome.org [2].
>
> [2] Productive, and probably worthy of developer attention.

Filing bugs is not the right solution here. The community has made a
decision that at this point we're going to have to live with one way or
the other for 2.0.0. Bugzilla is not a useful forum for high-level
discussion of this sort and will never be, because to few people read it
and look at any individual bug.

So, basically, any bug that comes in on this issue that doesn't either
(1) have constructive and extremely specific advice (i.e., NOT 'I want
viewports back') and/or (2) a patch I will be marking INVALID when I
return from my break. As stupid and pointless as this discussion has
been on this list, it would be even more stupid and pointless to have
the whole thing over again in bugzilla.

Luis