Re: Viewports and gnome 2 -simple question

<quote who="Mike Martin">

> This may be a supid quesion - but what are viewports?

Problem with explaining it all is that it's the features that are important,
not the terminology. We used to have two different ways of having 'virtual
desktops', but it really doesn't make sense to, when we can combine their
features into one easily understandable concept.

Have a read of this email:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-April/msg00643.html

- Jeff

--
          "And up in the corporate box there's a group of pleasant
   thirtysomething guys making tuneful music for the masses of people who