Re: Patch for gnome-media (gmix)

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 16:49, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:
> The announced patch that removed some options from the gmixer-preferenes
> is attached. It removes the following options:
> 1. Show icons
> 2. Show labels
> 3. Load levels on startup
>
> They are still accessible through gconf-editor. I also removed the main
> tabs, since only one tab was now used.
>
> 3. wasn't discussed earlier. This option is potentially harmful, since a
> user can end up having his levels reset on every startup. I can also think
> of no good GUIs that actually would include such an option. Of course GMIX
> should load old levels on startup. Still accessible through gconf-editor
> for those crack-heads who desperately want this.

No it shouldn't ! It shouldn't save and load the old levels, that's what
the scripts in your /etc/init.d are for. I use gmix maybe once every
fortnight when I need to change more than the main volume. I would hate
to have it load the old values, it's one good way to get the volume
cranked up to the maximum when everybody else in the house is asleep,
ie. bad idea.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera