Re: problem with xmldocs.make with new automake

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 07:41:06AM -0700, John Fleck wrote:
> > I didn't notice it at first, but you seem to have used 8 spaces to
> > indent the commands, rather than a tab.
> I can go through and fix these, but I'd like to wait until we hear
> from Dan Mueth, who wrote xmldocs.make in the first place. Don't know
> if he's on this list - I've cc'd him.

8 space indents is a common problem that should be fixed.
However, that rule seems pretty strange to me.

> >   $(docname).xml: $(entities)
> >           -ourdir=`pwd`;  \
> >           cd $(srcdir);   \
> >           cp $(entities) $$ourdir

It says that the $(docname).xml depends on the files $(entities) in
the current directory and that we can generate it by copying those
files from some other directory ??

    - If we depend on those file here, why copy ?
    - How does having those files generate the $(docname).xml ?