Menu editor crashes (+ bug buddy does not allow nautilus bugs)

I have tried and failed to report a bug on this (bug buddy does not
recognise the existence of either my account or nautilus)

Whenever I try to modify menus gnome2 segfaults automatically - zero
feedback

2 issues

1. why is this happening
2. this is not the first problem with segfaults and no feedback - was
never a problem with previous gnome - where , if anywhere , is feedback
going - nothing in ui, terminal, controlling terminal or
/var/log/messages - if there was maybe bugs would not be neccesary/ fix
could be posted to list