Re: New splash for Gnome2?

Not to be rude, Nancy, but IMHO this is not yet a question for the
marketing team. Certainly, this is something that your input will and
should be considered on, but right now releases are by and for hackers,
and as such things like this are just 'for fun.' If you can think of a
way to make this more fun for us, great... if not, please wait until the
polished and final release, at which point you are welcome to be more
assertive and suggestive about a more 'marketable' approach, and at
which time I'd hope that we listen /extremely/ seriously to your
feedback, which will be /very/ appreciated in our further quest for
world domination :)

In the meantime, as per Glynn's contest suggestion, I'd like to nominate
the following pictures for consideration for the splash screen:

These are both in keeping with the 'light' theme of the Ximian splash:

http://tieguy.org/pics/index.php?galerie=White_Mountains_NH-10-13-2001&snimek=18
http://tieguy.org/pics/index.php?galerie=Paris%20[January%202002]&snimek=98

This one is more reflective of the current 'beta' nature, but sadly a
bit out of focus:

http://tieguy.org/pics/index.php?galerie=Paris%20[January%202002]&snimek=114

And this one is just because I think it would be the greatest thing ever
in a splash screen:

http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/news-photos/20020118-dave.jpg

Sincerely,
Bugmaster 'Pancho' Villa