Re: New splash for Gnome2?

No, they indeed do. Our language changed over time. For instance we used to write
o.s.v. for short for 'og saa videre' (et cetera), which turned into osv. 'Because of' (Paa grund af) is pga. etc. We didn't really use capitals for acronyms. For instance OK is o.k. and WC is wc, TV is tv, IT is it, etc. (IT btw, used to be allowed to be written as IT or it, but that was changed recently)

I guess we are just different :)

Kenneth

fre, 2002-03-01 kl. 15:57 skrev Jeff Waugh:
<quote who="Kenneth Rohde Christiansen">

> Well we have different language rules. Like CD is called cd in Danish,
> AIDS is called aids etc. Therefore GNOME is called Gnome in all Danish
> translations.

I'm intrigued - is that just because the acronyms don't mean anything in
Danish, or...?

- Jeff

--
     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin