gnome-session

Is there anyway to disable gnome-session

Im on a cable modem and as soon as i turn the  eth0 on it starts a
constant broadcast apparently to my dns server. The transmission light
blinks  every couple of seconds. I believe this has something to do with
gnome-session.
Every since i saved one of my sessions ive been having complete hell
with the time it takes to do anything. Logging in, Opening an app, etc.
etc.It appears some type of communication is trying to happen but
eventually times out and finally opens the app.

Please help!
--
Michael Thomas Vanderford <michaelv cox-internet com>