Re: Window size/position.

On 25 Jun 2002, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 23:19, James Willcox wrote:
>
> >   Metacity connects to the session manager and will set itself up to
> >   be respawned. It theoretically restores sizes/positions/workspace
> >   for session-aware applications.
> >
> > This doesn't appear to be happening for me (the restoring
> > size/positions), though maybe the apps I tried are broken (gedit, eog).
> > Has this changed?
>
> It should work all right for GEdit and EOG, and they should restore the
> files you had open when you closed your session.  If it doesn't work,
> it's a bug in either of those programs.
>
> Please (re)open bugs as appropriate if they don't work.
>
> Having fixed it a few days ago,
>
>   Federico

Well, the reason I mentioned those apps specifically is because I was
pretty sure they were doing session management stuff right, yet window
sizes/positions were not restored over consecutive instances (which I
realize now is not supposed to happen anyway).  If it is in fact the apps
responsibility to do this, maybe we should form a task force to fix all
the broken apps....

Thanks,
James