RE: Window size/position.

> a) Window is left open when session ends
> b) Window is closed and reopened during a session, with the program
> still running (like the GIMP layers window being closed and
> then opened)
> c) Window is closed and reopened during a session, with the program
> quiting and being restarted (like gnome-cd being run, quit
> and then run
> again).
>
> I was initially talking about a, because it never seemed to
> work for me,
> but maybe I was just trying it with non-session managed programs or
> doing something else dumb. But it's all been brought up, we might as
> well run with it.

Just verified case a) above with some applications and metacity with Jun 25th sources
and upon doing a save session, it seems to restore the size/position/workspace for most
applications correctly except for the following :

1. gedit - restores the size/position but does not come back up on proper workspace.
           works fine with sawfish.
2. EOG - the app window is not visible. but 'ps' output shows that the process is
         running. Similar problem observed with sawfish.

Are others facing similar problem? Do we need to file a bug for this?

- jayaraj