Re: release notes: Solaris

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Drazen Kacar wrote:

> Are you sure that's enough? Even with all Solaris packages installed,
> iconv_open() won't be able to convert between, say, "iso-8859-1" and
> "utf-8". It won't accept anything in lower case, for a start. But even if
> you use upper case names, the above conversion won't be accepted. (It will
> accept only 8859-1 and ISO8859-1 as valid names for Latin 1.)

[snip]

Well, yes, but if you actually want to use gnome - and not just gtk+ - you
will need a gettext that has bind_textdomain_codeset. Users of Solaris 8
don't have that in the libc version, this probably also needs to go into
the release notes.

> --
>  .-.   .-.    I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
>      |        dave willfork com

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in