Re: Control Center Behavior

Hi,

I agree with you Seth on the issues raised. We need explanations.

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 06:06, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 16:27, Mark Finlay wrote:
<snip>
> > 2. It has sepporate panes for launchers and settings which is much more
> > intuitive and eliminates confusion and disoriatation caused by the
> > nautilus version.
>
> What in particular is confusing and disorienting about the Nautilus
> version for you?
>
> One problem I see with the Nautilus version is that its not immediately
> obvious which items are folders and which are actual preference pages.
> This is a serious problem. Ideally what would happen is that images for
> folders would not replace the folder icon, but would work as emblems. As
> a short term fix we should probably figure out how to disable icons for
> folders when browsing that URI in Nautilus. Folder icons may not be as
> pretty, but they're more useful.

This I think I know how to do, as I browsed that code yesterday.

in libnautilus-private/nautilus-directory-async.c in
should_look_for_dot_directory_file, remove the "preferences:" scheme
from the scheme for which it should look for a .directory. That should
fix the problem here (although I didn't test).

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net