make libtool -export-symbols-regex work on Linux

I put together some patches that get the -export-symbols and -export-symbols-regex flags, which things like gtk use to limit which symbols are available for dynamic linking, to work under Linux.

Currently, libtool will convert this to the -retain-symbols-file flag, which doesn't actually do this (it basically just strips some of the debugging information). With my patch, it uses the -version-script flag and does work correctly. The patch is available at:

I also did a similar patch that may fix the problem for other systems using GNU ld (but I haven't tested on any other architectures):

It might be useful to some people.


Email: james daa com au              | 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW: |

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]