make libtool -export-symbols-regex work on Linux

I put together some patches that get the -export-symbols and -export-symbols-regex flags, which things like gtk use to limit which symbols are available for dynamic linking, to work under Linux.

Currently, libtool will convert this to the -retain-symbols-file flag, which doesn't actually do this (it basically just strips some of the debugging information). With my patch, it uses the -version-script flag and does work correctly. The patch is available at:
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/libtool-1.4.2-expsym-linux.patch

I also did a similar patch that may fix the problem for other systems using GNU ld (but I haven't tested on any other architectures):
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/libtool-1.4.2-expsym.patch

It might be useful to some people.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ |   http://conf.linux.org.au/cfp.html