Re: replace esound/audiofile with gstreamer

Hi,

IMO, given the very limited sound needs of libgnome ("play beeps"),
the right answer is to keep the sound server dependency as a
runtime/dlopen type of thing. There's no reason to lock ourselves into
a specific sound library, since the dependency is so tiny (just a
couple of functions).

Of course we still need a default/recommended runtime dependency, and
there I think we may want to be looking at gstreamer. But I wouldn't
make gstreamer a platform library yet, it just doesn't make sense; it
gives up too much innovation potential at too early a stage.

Havoc