Re: Fifth-toe list

Le ven 12/07/2002 à 04:06, Havoc Pennington a écrit :

> mike <mike redtux demon co uk> writes:
> > I am curious - is metacity the defacto default already?
> > I know sun will be using it and am I right in thinking that metacity is
> > default in Rh beta? (ie the first gnome2 distro)
>
> We are using it, yes. Whether that makes it the de facto default,
> I don't know. I don't think Mandrake is using it for example.

I've not enabled metacity as default WM for GNOME2 in Mandrake yet :))
(But it is available ..)

There are still some usuability problems with it (no GUI to change
themes, ...) and I don't want to confuse our users with that..

I really want to switch default WM for GNOME 2 to MetaCity but it is not
mature enough yet (and I think Havoc will agree on that :))

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft