Re: Fifth-toe list

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 19:53, Christian Rose wrote:
> tor 2002-07-11 klockan 20.38 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> > > How about including metacity?
> > > Havoc?
> >
> > This is a pre-gnome2.2 release right? I think I heard someone say
> > October?
> >
> > I guess my thought is that if we're going to put metacity in 2.2 it
> > shouldn't be in 5th toe - 5th toe should be add-on apps, not "2.2
> > preview"
>
> Well, gstreamer is already suggested for fifth toe, and galeon was
> always somewhat of "will possibly become core when Mozilla licensing
> permits". I only thought it made sense to add Metacity to that list of
> Fifth Toe applications that may become core in the future.
>

> > Of course I don't know if metacity will be in 2.2. We should have that
> > flamewar sometime. ;-)
>
> I'm not sure there will be one... :)

I am curious - is metacity the defacto default already?
I know sun will be using it and am I right in thinking that metacity is
default in Rh beta? (ie the first gnome2 distro)

Had a quick look at limbo list today and thats the impression I got. (no
adsl or cd burner boo hoo - so cant see for myself)

And most of the regular posters here seem to be using it as well