Re: GNOME 2.2 module list and schedule [was Re: GNOME 2.2 screenshots]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> > No idea how we'd define it, but the definition is more along the lines
> > of "Desktop" vs. "Fifth Toe".
>
> Fair enough; I'm just a terribly sloppy person when it comes to words.  :)

(Heh. I don't think this idea has really stuck with everyone yet, so I'm
trying to point it out where I can.)

> > Fifth Toe is still a 'core GNOME release', something which I feel we
> > need to stress (for the warm fuzzies of our developers, plus benefit and
> > knowledge of our users).
>
> Fair enough. That said, up front, I'm human- I can't and won't QA fifth
> toe the way I can and will with desktop.

Yeah, and I can understand the same from translators and documentors.

I think the main point to get across is that Fifth Toe isn't a holding area
for the Desktop, it's a fully-fledged part of GNOME's "product line"... Man
it sounds weird saying that.

- Jeff

--
     "Stick that in your analogy pipe and smoke it!" - On returning the
                            bulletproof analogue