Re: GNOME 2.2 module list and schedule [was Re: GNOME 2.2 screenshots]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> Question: where is the line between 'useful and deserves to be in core'
> and 'nice but ought to be in fifth toe.' Is there one?

No idea how we'd define it, but the definition is more along the lines of
"Desktop" vs. "Fifth Toe". Fifth Toe is still a 'core GNOME release',
something which I feel we need to stress (for the warm fuzzies of our
developers, plus benefit and knowledge of our users).

For File Roller, I can see it being a desktop component until Nautilus has
archive creation/browsing built in. It's a fairly major hole in our feature
set for the basic desktop at the moment.

- Jeff

--
   "It's actually my new bandwidth conservation technique: compresion of
                     al double leters." - Telsa Gwynne