Re: a control design issue

Hi Jaca,

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 15:43, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> should the viewport functionality (ie scrolling) be implemented on the
> control-side (ie the control provides scrollbars, panning...)

	In a word 'yes'. If you were creating an embeddable for compound
document usage the answer would be substantially different. For a
control you should do the scrolling yourself. EOG does it right.

	In the alternative scenario you have insufficient information to do eg.
zoom to fit, and no way to get it - also it becomes complicated quite
quickly, and it's unnecessary - there is no merit in having the
scrolling region on the Nautilus size.

> can someone give me an advice on what is the proper way to go?

	Thanks for asking before going ahead, people got this quite badly wrong
in Gnome 1.4 occasionally and badly blurred the Embeddable / Control
boundary.

	Regards,

		Michael.