Re: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta

Hey Daniel,

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:52:01AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >
> > 	Why haven't these not been committed back to CVS?
>
>   Well for one i would not appreciate someone comminting updated
> spec RPM changes on my module. I rely on the my CVS spec file features
> a LOT, so anyway the HACKING files intructions applies too.

	Sure, I think Chris understands this. I advised he could do as
he pleased with the spec files in gnome-panel/desktop/session and the
ORBit2 modules but not to assume the same for other modules ..

	I think any maintainers who want this type of policy should
stick something like this in their HACKING files ..

"
	+ Members of the GNOME packaging product may commit
	  fixes to the .spec files.
"

Good Luck,
Mark.