Re: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 13:07, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Well the reason is two fold. First of all, i would prefer Greg to look
> over them, since he is the maintainer of the current spec files, so i
> don't want to pass him by. (And his standards are high, so the extra
> eyeballs are always a good thing)
>
> Secondly i still have to learn how to do the required Makefile.am magic
> to generate the spec files in configure.. (though from the look of
> things its not rocket science?) If someone could whip me up a few quick
> pointers on what the procedure is with that, i'll create proper patches
> to be intergrated in CVS.

just add, to AC_OUTPUT in configure.in, a line with the resulting file.
That is, if you've got package.spec.in, just add:

package.spec

to the AC_OUTPUT lines.

> That brings me to the next point, i don't have CVS commit access, so its
> either hoping Greg will want to intergrate them, or file bugzilla
> entries for all of the patches ;-)

for gnome-db/libgda/libgnomedb, just send me the new spec.in files. I'll
put them in CVS as soon as you send them to me.

> After that, it might be worth to make a packaging component in all
> gnome2 modules, so people can file bugs on the spec files. (I'll
> volunteer as maintainer)

I've got a 'RPM packages' component in libgda/gnome-db, do you want me
to put yourself as maintainer for those components?

cheers